Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Payback can be fun

I haven't written for quite awhile.  Not because I haven't had anything to write about..I think I've probably had too much to write about and I just couldn't choose.  I have also been very busy with visitors.  :)  And the kitchen clean up really took some time.  I had been working on this entry about my boys as a little payback..but I'm probably just fueling the fire as I'm sure I'll leave my facebook logged on yet again.
My sweet boys... I can't believe time has passed so quickly.  It seems like just yesterday I was taking a ball of boys everywhere.  Well, it just seemed like that because with five of them all together they were just really busy...they were good boys..just busy all the time no matter where we went.  And they couldn't really leave each other alone which is why I felt like I was toting along a ball of boys.    But this picture is for them since they can't seem to leave my facebook status alone.  And, yes, I dressed them alike as often as I could and THEY LOVED IT!!
This one isn't payback but I had to include it.. it's one of my favorite pictures I took one afternoon on a whim.  It was summer time.  I love their dirty little feet and hands in contrast to Ayden's sweet baby feet and hands.  And I love how they have Eric's feet and my pinky fingers.  This was back when I could still sort their socks and knew whose was whose.  Socks remain my nemesis in this house.  However, we no longer have a sock basket to dig through.


And then there are times when I just need back up in this house with all of the male-ness and military stuff going on around me... that's when a snowwoman comes in handy...and yet another great way to payback the boys for all of their shenanigans and fun they have with me.  I'm sure someday, when they have their own children, I will hear them telling about how grandma used to embarrass them when they were teens by building a snowwoman complete with boobs and a booty in the yard.  Just for the record, I have only built one snowwoman ever in their lifetime.  Because I'm sure they will embellish and grow the story.

We received quite a surprise on Sunday when we were able to pick Brady up for his leave and all be together for a couple of hours.  We used the self-timer on Eric's camera to get this picture of us all.  I wish I could post all the pictures of the progression to get just this one good one!


And while just a couple days ago we were all together, Eric and I said good-bye yet again this morning.  I am really thankful God timed their visits so they could tag-team.  It 
made Eric's leaving a little easier..not much..but a little. 

Thanks again for all of your thoughts and prayers.  It really blesses our family to know we are supported by so many!  More to come soon!

Love,
Monica

Romans 5:1 Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment