Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Let the summer begin!

Tree frogs can make a momma blood-curdle scream if they jump on her arm and subsequently make her "pond" overflow!  I was putting in the last of the annuals this morning by the fence when all of a sudden a slimy something landed on my arm and out of my mouth came the loudest scream.  Fortunately, the moment wasn't lost on just me because Logan was on the other side of the fence mowing..yes, mowing (I scream loud).  He stopped the mower and came running to my aid...(interpretation: he is tall and peaked over the fence).  But tree frogs are cute so I quickly caught it and showed him what was causing his mother so much distress.  It's not the frog..it's the jumping.  We have been possibly listening to this frog for the last couple of nights as he has enjoyed a late night dip in our actual pond.  So it was kind of fun to see what had been making all that peaceful racket.  Ayden snapped a quick picture and we put him back on the rocks below the deck. 

Speaking of my pond...it is running.  I mentioned this to a co-worker last week.  I said, "Our pond is running".  I was thinking she had enjoyed some time on my deck.  Apparently she had not.  Because she said, "What does that mean? Are you peeing your pants?".  I burst into laughter which at times can be dangerous for me and make my "pond" overflow!  We do have a wonderful water feature that Brady installed last spring and we are enjoying it very much (even though I think it has a leak :( ).  The frogs are enjoying it too and so are the birds.  We just need to go fishing and catch some small sunnies.  We are so looking forward to hanging out on the deck enjoying the summer sounds when Eric and Brady return.  We are ready!

Eric...you've been asking for some pictures.....

Silly tree frog....  I think I squeezed him so hard his "pond" overflowed...
One of your surprises... a new columbine...isn't it beautiful?!
The Bleeding Heart bush looks awesome this year...
Baby robins on my 2nd story closet window ledge...momma doesn't like me watching at all
And at last..the pond...including the baby mouse ears hosta at the bottom right....

God Bless,
Love,
Monica

Prayer Requests:
1) Please pray for physical stamina for Eric as he finishes up and for all of the soldiers in his unit.  They are worn and tired and excited to come home.
2) Praise for God's creations...they have given me great purpose this spring and helped to keep my mind occupied.  I have enjoyed them because Eric and Brady enjoy them so much.  Brady worked so hard on our yard last spring.  It is so much appreciated, son. 
3) Continue to pray for safety for them and for all of our soldiers who will continue on and those who will take over.
4) Praise for my health and my doctors who have gotten me to this point.  Last year at this time I would not have been able to do all of the yard work that I have done this spring.  I am so thankful that during this stressful year my health has improved immeasurably.

No comments:

Post a Comment