Saturday, May 21, 2011

May the force be with you.....

I just signed out for the last time with Eric and our regular morning chat sessions. HTIME (happy tears in my eyes).  I feel very fortunate to have been able to IM with him almost every morning my time..his evening.  From this point on, I won't know for sure when he will have computer access which is the way it is for many of our soldiers daily.  I have been incredibly blessed with having that luxury.  And on days when I didn't hear from him my anxiety level always rose wondering if he was still okay.  But I have learned to use prayer and humor to keep myself in check.  And, so, I thought you would all enjoy this last picture that came through today. 


Right after Eric left last fall, we sent him a light saber for "protection".  We are, after all, a Star Wars family and we knew his mission wouldn't be complete without it.  I am happy to see that it is still helping him and has made the customs inspection. 

I love you SSG Pugh and can't wait to see you face to face!

God Bless,
Love,
Monica

Prayer requests:
1) Remember that despite the fun pictures there is no safe place in that very dangerous country. Please continue to pray for all of our troops daily.
2) Please pray for Missy and Cecil Hoskins who married on their leave last month but haven't seen each other or possibly spoken to each other since they returned to finish their tours.  Pray they both stay safe and have a hedge of protection around them.  Missy graduated with Brady. 
3) Pray for our troops who are starting their processes to come home..timely flights and not too much hurry up and wait.
4) Pray for the next five-ish weeks and nine-ish weeks to pass quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment