Thursday, March 8, 2012

What makes your heart sing?

Eric has been pining for a kayak for a very long time.  He talked about the subject constantly even while he was overseas.  A week or so ago one came up for sale from a friend on facebook.  And when I showed it to Eric I could tell his heart gave a leap and started to sing...but he said, "No, let's just wait".  Well, sometimes I'm not very good at listening to his directions. ;)  I didn't wait.  Laramy and I drove down on Sunday while Eric was at drill and bought it.  We brought it in the dining room and waited for him to come home.  He did.  He came in the kitchen door and stopped and talked to us.  I told him he should go change out of his uniform (I was trying to get him to go to the dining room). And then he did..and he saw it... and his heart was singing and leaping and dancing.  And, of course, he climbed right in.... I cannot express how happy it made me to see him be so happy. 
Love his little boy grin
And the dogs jumped in too
And then he found the fishing pole holder

Well, Eric's heart is singing at the thought of being out in nature and my heart has been singing over my goose eggs lately. I am very thankful to have a nice supply of blown out goose eggs to art with.  But the following directions would really work well for regular store bought eggs that aren't blown out..downside is you can't eat or keep them.

Finished eggs

Blown out goose eggs

100 percent silk tie cut apart

 Wrap the egg with the fabric good side towards the egg with sewing thread

Wrap and Wrap until the egg is completely covered and no fabric shows.  I do this on the couch because if you drop the egg... well....

Put the egg in a pot of water to boil

Hollowed out eggs need to be weighted down...boil for 15 minutes
 When done, carefully unwrap the thread.  I sit on the couch for this part too...because I have dropped an egg and I was not singing....  And then carefully unwrap the silk and see what you have.  Some work better than others but it is always a surprise and very fun! 


Find something to do that makes your heart sing.... find joy in little things every day.

God Bless,
Love,
Monica


1 comment: