Saturday, May 11, 2013

My Five Sons

I've been thinking a lot lately about my sons.  I'm not sure why.  I've had a lot on my plate with my hubby being gone for a month...maybe that's why.  Laramy ended up in the hospital...just different with him being an adult....maybe that's why? Oh, there are reasons I know for all of them but can't say.

I can say I am thankful every day for God allowing me...me...to be the mother of these five fine young men.  And being that it is Mother's Day, I feel that it is okay to brag on them because they have made me the mom that I am today.

People groan when they hear I have five sons...wait...no girls?  Nope.  Just sons.  It used to bother me and then I started enjoying the shock value.  Yep! Five sons! 

I need to be very honest.  When Ayden was around four and Brady was fourteen, I thought I wasn't going to make it through the years of raising them.  I was overwhelmed with activity, dishes, laundry, life, cooking, homeschooling..did I say laundry? And just like everyone says...in the blink of an eye..it is today and they are 16 to 26 and I'm still standing.  And now I have two wonderful daughter-in-laws, too.

I just wanted to take a minute to say something to and about each one of them.

Brady,
You are a driven, worrying and yet somehow fearless, God-fearing and loving, talented, go-getter.  I loved every minute of seeing you on stage and hearing you sing. I love the stories you have given us to tell over the years..and I'm also sorry we love telling them so much.  But they are you and they are our life.  Thank you for my little water feature. Every time I look at it I think of you. You were my first born and you made me a mom.

Brenden,
You gave us quite a scare in the beginning.  You taught me about faith.  You made me learn God was in control.  I love your happy-go-lucky it's all good sense of style.  I am so thankful we bought you your life-changing guitar when you were eleven.  I could watch you play guitar forever and ever.

Logan,
Our middle child..it's tough being smack dab in the middle of the family. You are a night owl like me.  You have always been very quiet but you have a very big heart.  You are our go to guy for directions when we are driving in a car or playing a game. I love your sense of humor.  I will never forget the photo book you made me for Christmas. I think we have yet to see big things coming from you. Thanks for sticking around while Dad and Brady were in Afghanistan.

Laramy,
We have all dubbed you the perfect roommate.  I love coming home to you and dad sitting side by side on the loveseat watching TV.  I'm really sorry we left you in the Pamida parking lot while you were putting the cart away during a snowstorm.  While it wasn't one of our finer parenting moments, it was certainly one of our funniest. You are hard working, consistent, stubborn, and funny. 


Ayden,
Our baby.... I can say that because I'm the baby of the family, too.  You will always be the baby of the family.  You are smart, sweet, kind, and so deeply spiritual.  Thanks for wanting to be homeschooled.  I will cherish those years with you. Thanks for making all your hats and slippers...life would not be the same without Ayden hats.  You taught me a lot. It is hard to believe you will be a junior next year.

It happened again this week..someone approached me and told me how nice, polite, and respectful all of my sons are to people.  As a mom, I don't think I could receive a bigger compliment.  Thank you for putting up with me.  Thank you for helping me.  Thank you for making me feel short.  ;)Thank you for scooping walks, doing dishes, cutting down trees, playing, visitng, making me celebrate my birthday....everything..thank you from the bottom of my heart for being my five sons.

I will just continue to try to do my best for you as your mom. Looking forward to some porch couch time this summer.
I love you all
Love,
Mom

Blessings,
Monica

This was a great fishing memory
 

Just an awesome moment
 


No comments:

Post a Comment