Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Holding Pattern

This holding pattern that I am living in stinks. Sorry, there is no other way to start this entry. The waiting, waiting, waiting, wondering, waiting...ugh. There's a small part of me that wishes he would get up one morning, kiss me goodbye, and come home from work 12 months later. That's how my mind is compartmentalizing what is to come. And then I can exclaim, "Wow! That was the longest work day ever!"

It looks like his open house will be the Saturday before Father's Day or the next Saturday. At this time the sending ceremony will be on his birthday...Happy Birthday to him! But at least we'll get to see him on his birthday. Brady will also be back from AT and be able to see him before he leaves, too. But we'll continually keep everyone updated as things become more and more definite. But as we all have experienced in the past...until it happens it's not official and things could change at any time.

If you can only make one of our events this spring, we would prefer you choose Logan's graduation if that is possible. We don't want anything to distract from his special day. But if you can't make May 30th, then wishing Logan a happy graduation at Eric's open house is more than acceptable. :) We hope we will get to see everyone at some time.

And those are the wisest words of wisdom that I could come up with today.....

And so I turned to Proverbs for some wisdom and I found this verse which I have never read before and it gave me a giggle. And for those of you who know me and my gagginess..you will giggle too. But it does have deeper meaning than just what it states.

Proverbs 25:16 If you find honey, eat only what you need, lest you become glutted with it and vomit it up.

I think you can apply it to any situation in your life; even ones where you don't physically vomit. :)

Love,
Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment