Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Ba-bye!

There are so many things going on right now in our lives.  Many of those things are not much fun.  But the back of my van is fun.  Most of you would never consider putting this many stickers on the back of your van.  I have never had that many on the back of any vehicle I've ever had.  And I plan on never having that many again.  However, how many silver minivans do you see on the road?  Yes, everybody seems to own one.  And this is where my problem started.  Too many, many times I have gotten in the wrong van!  The first time I did it I actually climbed in and there was a plastic frog on the dash staring back at me.  Confused about the placement of this frog that never rode on my dash before, I quickly realized  I was in the wrong van and jumped out.  This trend continued for a long time.  If I didn't get in the wrong van, I at least walked to the wrong van.  Remember we live in Winterset and many people don't lock their cars.  But then I started having problems in larger parking lots.  And then my sweet Melody acquired a silver van.  She drives a white van and a silver van.  One time she parked her white van behind my silver van at my house and when she left she jumped in my silver van.  When it was too quiet, she realized her kids were sitting in her white van behind her!  Silver vans are everywhere!

So I started with an ISU sticker on the corner on the front windshield.  It wasn't enough.  And then I just got carried away.  The first time I went to Fareway with all of my stickers I still lost my van.  I walked to my van and all of the stickers were gone.  Some of them are magnetic so I wondered who had taken all of my stickers!  And then I realized my van was the next one over.

Today my lost van issues end.  I am trading for an ink blue Ford Edge and I am soooo excited! There are only a couple of them in town and no one has an ink blue one.  I should be good.  That is if I remember I have an Edge and not a silver minivan!

Thank you for all of your prayers about our vehicles.  Having a very reliable car while Eric is gone greatly reduces my stress and our van was starting to have issues.  We still have the Honda and the conversion van to deal with as they haven't sold.  But shortly they will be donated if we don't see any action.

We have lots of information and an address for Eric.  Our time is quickly running out because once he goes active in a month he will not be able to come home except on his leave days.  I will post more about this very soon.

Love,
Monica

1 comment:

  1. LOL!!! You are so funny. Thanks for the laughter. I needed it. Praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete