Thursday, April 22, 2010

Blessed by a stranger

Yesterday morning Eric took Ayden with him to Camp Dodge.  Ayden needed to get his military ID renewed and it was just a good moment for him to spend time with his pop plus we were picking up the new car.  On the way they stopped in DeSoto to get gas.  Eric was driving the Bravada and he filled the tank and I will assume they also got a couple of breakfast items. Cost: $45. When he went to use his card it wouldn't work.  He had done some messing with it the other day because it's about to expire and he had not activated our joint account card yet.  So he left his drivers license and told them I would come up and pay when I came through.  Back on the road, he called me and said I needed to stop and pay when I came through.  No problem.  I was heading up right behind them with the silver van.  I got to DeSoto around 9:15 and went in to pay.  I picked up a couple of items and approached the counter.  I stated I needed to pay for my husband's gas.  Both cashiers looked at me kind of funny and then one said, "No you don't.  The lady behind him paid for his gas".  What?!?!  I looked at him confused and then said, "Are you kidding? Was it because he was in uniform"?  To which they replied yes and I started crying... and became rather speechless and had a hard time figuring out that I still needed to pay for my items.  I left dumbfounded and called Eric who was incredibly touched.  She waited until he left and then paid.  He would have refused her and she didn't want any recognition.  Pretty cool, huh?

So to the woman who was a good samaritan even when there was no need....THANK YOU!!  You touched my family's hearts and I am blessed by your kindness.  I hope that I see and seize any opportunity I have to bless someone else someday.

Praise and prayer requests:
1) Praise for both of our non-running vehicles to be gone!  Today the Honda and the Dodge conversion van were hauled away (we had the van for 10 years and it served us well..kinda sad to see it go...lots of family memories in that van including our trip to Seattle and back)
2) Praise for things getting done and continued prayer for stamina and all to come together and be done by May 24th
3) Prayer for my neurologist appointment on Friday
4) Prayer for the kids....this is a lot for them to bear at times even though they don't show it and maybe even know it

Psalm 27:13 I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

God Bless,
Monica

1 comment:

  1. Hi Monica,
    I finally made it. I love reading about all your adventures. What a special lady God sent to you and Eric! What a blessing. I'll be praying for you on Friday. Miss ya! Heather

    ReplyDelete