Thursday, April 8, 2010

Make me smile, laugh, and laugh until I cry....or tinkle a little :)

Now that Ayden has broken his arm, he really needs help delivering his papers.  So on Tuesday I loaded up one of his bags and decided I would listen to a deployment prep CD while delivering; good exercise and quality learning time combined.  Except I found myself crying while delivering which actually ended up making me laugh.  I finished the first street and saw my friend, Annie, heading my way doing her morning power walk.  Of course, someone would find me while I'm delivering papers and crying.  So, it's just God's way of giving us all something else to laugh about.  Friends are great for reminding you later about stupid things you have done.  And some stories are worth retelling just to belly laugh once again.
Things that make me happy.....
my dogs (I waited a long time to have my bichons and Isabelle our lab..well, she's just such a sweet girl)

my sons, my daughter-in-law, and my hubby....nothing like dinner with them all home and a rousing game of Last Word  :)

my friends make me smile, laugh, and belly laugh!

puppy feet that smell like Fritos, morning glories, and clean cars....and seeing Eric find that little treasure in the woods..happy moments

my dad's 'member that? story...I can laugh and giggle just thinking about it..if you ever get a chance to have him tell it in person take the time for sure because his facial expressions are priceless

silly things and customers at the restaurant...working in a restaurant produces at least one laugh a night
(last night an older gentleman said, "wow..you keep getting new people working in here...and I had no answer because it was our regular long-time servers working....so I just agreed with him and then he said...oh, but we don't come in too often... :x?*!?! what? )

leaving our children places...particularly Laramy in the Pamida parking lot while he was kindly putting the cart away for us...

deciding to go TPing for the first time at the age of 40 and watching a ginormous roll of industrial TP hit your friend in the mouth as it came down....yeah, way tooooo funny even though she had a fat lip...sorry Renee!

stories about gas always are useful for a good laugh....smelly coleslaw...how Isabelle can clear a room with her gas while she's sleeping even though she is such a sweet girl....my boys in shock if I let one loose (I tell them I learned from the best...all of them!)...and Eric being discrete but then fluffing the covers so it comes up and hits you in the face... irritating but good for a laugh...Brady and Laramy have been known to clear a car a time or two...

driving to Texas with my Melody and her four kids straight through....yeah, what else do I need to say here?  let's see..speeding ticket, taking a picture of the lights in the rear view mirror while getting the ticket, my cautious driving, Shocktarts..... memories I'm so thankful we made

things I think I hear or don't hear... Monica-isms... need to start keeping a log... I heard "Who's stupid salad is that?"...he said "Who's soup and salad is that?"  and so many many more... Please feel free to add your own comments to this

Most importantly I have learned that when you do something stupid or funny it is best to have someone around to enjoy the laugh.  Otherwise it is just wasted.  And retelling the story just isn't always that funny.  However, some are worth retelling.  Examples: 1) my friend, Charlene, taking the garbage to the street on an icy night and slipping and falling spread eagle into the middle of the street...totally wasted just on her 2) me being all dressed up for work, feeling kinda sassy, and then realizing while I was getting gas that I totally missed a strip of hair on my leg... wasted on just me 3) and me in a public bathroom hearing a toilet flush thinking.."Oh, someone else is in here" and then realizing it was just my automatic toilet flushing behind me... totally wasted on me.

So if you're going to do something funny over the next year...invite me! but, make sure I have gone to the potty first!

Here's to having a year of laughs....

Job 8:21  He will yet fill your mouth with laugher and your lips with shouts of joy!

Prayer requests remain the same for now.

Love and laughter,
Monica

2 comments:

  1. Oh Miss Monica...you are forever making me cry from laughter!!! I'm still laughing over last nights entertainment!!!! I so look forward to working with you ladies on Wednesday nights cause I know it will end with a laugh or 2 or 3 or 4....So just a couple of questions for ya?? Have you driven over/near any large bodies of water lately?? How about a pair of high heels and a really big bowl of chilli??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears running down my face...I love you.

    ReplyDelete