Sunday, December 5, 2010

Hugs and Kisses or Kisses and Hugs?

Where did November go?  I'm not sure.  But I know I spent two weeks of it sick.  In fact, I am still not 100%.  I have not been this sick for this long for a very long, long time.  I am incredibly thankful for time to rest and recover, kids taking care of me ( although I did have a commerical mom moment where I emerged from my bed in horror at the shape of the house), and antibiotics. 

While sick, I did manage to instant message with Eric quite a bit.  He kept checking in on me.  And I seemed to receive lots of extra kisses and hugs or x's and o's as we know them through cyberspace....or are they o's and x's? 

I'm not sure how the conversation started but it was asked, "Are the x's kisses and o's hugs or the other way around?"  I hadn't really given it much thought.  But I stated that I thought the x's were hugs because they were arms crossing and the o's were kisses because they are shaped like a kissing mouth.  And Eric replied, "No, the x's  are kisses..two people kissing in profile, and the o's are endless arms wrapped around each other."  Yes, sometimes it's too hard to discuss deep subjects so we spend a lot of our time chatting about simple matters. 

And so the chuckles continued over the next few days as we signed off xoxoxoxox or oxoxoxoxo.  And then on the way to church I posed the question to Logan, Laramy, and Ayden; "So what do the x's and o's stand for"?  Ayden quickly responded that he thought the x's were hugs and Logan and Laramy thought the x's were kisses and the o's hugs.  But I think we have all determined that we don't care..we just like lots of both preferably in person and not through instant messaging.

I have decided this year has been quite a gift so far.  Eric and I have had time for all of these silly little discussions but also lots of big discussions and even goal-setting at times.  We will most certainly have to learn how to communicate in person again.  But I am looking forward to it.

Thank you everyone for sending colored pencils. 

Luke 1:68-73 Blessed be the Lord, the God of Israel, for he has visited and brought redemption to his people.  He has raised up a horn for our salvation within the house of David his servant, even as he promised through the mouth of his holy prophets from of old; salvation from our enemies and from the hand of all who hate us, to show mercy to our fathers and to be mindful of his holy covenant and of the oath he swore to Abraham our father, and to grant us that, rescued from the hand of enemies, without fear we might worship him in holiness and righteousness before him all our days.

Prayer Requests:
1) Continued healing for myself and protection for the guys, too, from illness..here and abroad.
2) Praise for continued safety for Eric and Brady.
3) Praise for exciting holiday news for Eric and Brady
4)Please pray for continued peace and no anxiety for all of us as we journey through the winter.
5) Praise for still no snow!!  Woohoo!!  Please continue to pray for manageable snow in Winterset for us this winter...possibly all of Iowa for those who desire it.

God Bless,
Love,
Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment