Wednesday, December 15, 2010

One of those movie moments

I went  Christmas shopping today.  I had one of those moments that I thought only happened in the movies..yes, I'm still chuckling about it.  Actually, just trying to type this, I am laughing out loud.  Unfortunately, I was by myself.  I dropped Ayden off at Toys R Us and went to JoAnn's fabrics.  I found what I wanted and headed towards the back of the store to the cutting table.  No one was there.  In fact, no customers were even around.  I plopped my fabric down and walked around and looked.  I spied a public bathroom and decided I should use it.  I came back to the cutting table and alas! there was a worker there.  So I said, "I need some fleece cut".  And she looked at me and said, "Do you have a number"?  I thought she was joking.  She was not.  I said, "No, but I think I can get one".  So I reached over and pulled a number and handed it to her and glanced around.  Okay..I need to remind you all right now...  THERE IS NO ONE AROUND EXCEPT FOR THE TWO OF US!!  She took the number and moved around a little bit and then she picked up the store intercom and said, "Now serving customer number 42".  And right then and there I was incredibly happy I used the potty or we would all be laughing about more than just this silly incident.  I intended to look around a little bit more but that just did me in...so I headed to the checkout.  And while I was standing in line, because apparently there were  two other customers in the store, I realized the lady in front of me was staring at me.  And then she said, "You have some fleece there?"  Yep...yep I do.  ?*!*x+?*  I couldn't wipe the huge grin off my face.  Considering how my 15 minutes had gone in the store I stood there thinking the poor checkout guy had been there all day and my grin was probably nothing in the scheme of all he had seen.

That's all I've got..nothing inspirational and nothing to report..just a good laugh as we gear up for these next two holidays.

God Bless and thanks so much for your continued prayers,
Love,
Monica

1 comment:

  1. That is hilarious! Sounds like something that should be on a sitcom. I'm glad you got a laugh.

    ReplyDelete