Friday, April 29, 2011

How many passes does it take to get your mower dirty?

Today was a historical day with Prince William and Princess Kate's wedding.  Don't be fooled or distracted by all of their hoopla (which I enjoyed thoroughly because it was happy news).  I have made copious amounts of historical data myself in the last two days with the purchase and assemblage of a brand new push mower for the Pugh family!  Yes, you heard it here first.  I researched and purchased a mower yesterday and today I assembled it (not that tough), started it successfully (did call my neighbor, Myron, up for support), and mowed my back yard. 

But I did have to chuckle at myself a few times.  After I assembled it in the living room (remember this is my first time and I wasn't sure where to do these things at plus, I was watching the wedding), I took it to the front porch to stand back and admire it.  It is bright red and nice and shiny clean.  If you think back to my spring gardening post you will remember that I really don't like dirty.  And I had a thought of wondering how long I could keep the mower clean.  The mower came complete with oil.  So I followed the instructions to fill it but felt slightly stressed when I dripped some on the shiny red deck.  And I chuckled a little.  I've never, ever felt ownership of a mower before.  And then I thought, "Well, I have a new mower so I need a new gas can". And I was off on the errand. On return, we (cause Logan came out and Myron had arrived) filled the gas tank and started it up.  And that was that.  And then I was off to mow the back yard and with one pass my brand new mower was dirty.  So, Eric, you can come home and take care of the mower..I won't try and keep it too clean or get irritated if you get it dirty.  In fact, I really don't want any ownership in it.  But I did purchase one that has a deck clean feature..you just hook up a hose and turn it on if you want.

So maybe now you have all decided that the world really must be coming to an end if Monica assembled a mower.  Well, don't let the mower convince you.  It has been reported to me by my mother that she had a margarita last weekend with her Mexican dinner! The world must be ending. (sorry, mom, don't tell on yourself to a daughter who blogs)  So It has been a history making week for many including my mom. And I was very thankful for the enchanting royal story to entertain me.  I would much rather be enjoying the girly-girl things like a royal wedding or drinks with some girlfriends than assembling a mower in the future. But I will never forget where I was or what I was doing the day that William and Kate tied the knot.  Cheers! (now if my prince would just hurry home.....)


Gotta love a soldier who would wear his wife's heart signature on his helmet.....
God Bless,
Love,
Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment