Friday, February 5, 2010

Pugh University Ragbrai team hiring

When we found out Eric wouldn't be available for RAGBRAI, I immediately thought we would just take the year off. And he said, "You need to go anyway!" And Ayden said, "Mom, we need to ride at least one day!" And for a moment I was letting my anxieties get the best of me. Then my college roomie, Lisa, called and said, "It's starting in Sioux City. You're riding aren't you? We're following you the first day." And so I finally got the chance to check the route. It is one of the flattest and shortest....good towns...ends in Dubuque. And without hesitation I created our new team which Eric, Ayden, and I decided on last year. Team Pugh University was born! And I have been riding my bike every day since.

So..we are looking for someone/someones to fill Eric's shoes for the whole week or part of the week. Eric drives our van and all of our gear and enjoys all the fun of RAGBRAI without all of the pedaling. He usually gets to the next town very early and sets up camp and hangs out..meets the neighbors, etc. He sets up our tents (we tear them down) and makes sure the coolers are iced and our wet clothes are in the sun drying. We took along a mattress for the floor of the van last year and he had prime sleeping arrangements. If interested, email or call me. Eric...if you have any comments, please add them.

Prayer Requests:
1) Great weather for RAGBRAI week
2) We are still needing a laptop for Eric
3) Biggest need is our downstairs bathtub....we really could at least use some guidance. I believe we need plumbing, drywall, and tiling done. We have all of the plumbing done first, right? And what kind of drywall are we putting behind the tile? I have my tile picked..it is simple and self-spacing. Words of advice are greatly needed. Please pray we have time and money to get this all done.

Psalm 118:24 This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Love,
Monica

3 comments:

  1. You need a drywall that is moisture resistant..It is usually green in color

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a great time. If you make a list the night before you can pick up any items you will need on the way to the next town (ice, snacks, batteries...etc.). Then after you get there you find a place do a few chores and the whole day is yours. All of my neighbors were great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eric posted the last comment..not me..not sure why it was under my name. It is a description of a typical RAGBRAI day for him.

    ReplyDelete