Sunday, January 31, 2010

I can't keep up :)

I have been trying to adjust my mindset. When Eric is gone I will have to take care and think of it all in a different way than if he was just gone for a weekend or a business trip. Earlier this week I made my way to the upstairs potty. When the time came for me to reach for the mostly used roll of TP, I fumbled and it rolled clear across the bathroom to the door. Just as it stopped, Tiberias, our 8 month old Bichon, appeared at the door. He is known for his toilet paper antics. He whisked the roll into his mouth and ran down the steps. And there I sat. If someone is home, situations like this are never a problem. But in this instance I found myself alone. And then I started thinking about how Eric will be completely gone for a long time which brought me to thinking about my toilet paper supply and storage. So today we bought a ginormous package of TP from Costco and I will be distributing it appropriately in the house for just such an instance where I am alone with a TP stealing dog and no one to rescue me.

I spent 2 days at Eric's office this week. I surprise visited him one afternoon because Brady had some things to take care of. And the next day Eric and I had things to take care of. The first day I found myself trailing behind their pace. And then I noticed that all of the other people in uniform carried the same pace. And the next day it was the same and I felt as though I just couldn't keep up. It is built in them...taught and learned. It is incredibly impressive. You can feel that they are all a part of a team. It is now second nature to all of them and noticeable to those on the outside.

Prayer Requests:
1) Paperwork is started but we have a long way to go. Please pray for our organization efforts of all documents and paperwork.
2) Pray all of our projects get completed in the 4 months that we have.
3) Prayer of praise for these really nice moments we are having together and also with family and friends.
4) Pray we get all traveling and visiting done.

Thanks to all our family and friends..you are all awesome!

1 Peter 1:6&7 In this you rejoice, although for a little while you may have to suffer through various trials so that the genuineness of our faith, more precious than gold that is perishable even though tested by fire, may prove to be for praise, glory, and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Love,
Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment