Thursday, May 27, 2010

Don't mess with me...I've got a remote

Eric left Monday morning.  Today is Thursday, day four.  Days one, two, and three were very busy preparing for Logan's graduation and work in the evening.  I've been okay....as long as nobody says anything sappy or asks me how I'm doing.  I did have a small melt-down yesterday morning when I realized I had a money question and then I realized I had no one to ask but myself.  I have received more well-wishes, love-wishes, and how-are-you-doing inquiries which have really touched my soul.  But I hope you'll all remember to do that six months into this year, too.  Today was really quiet until Logan tried to pick up his eye-glasses prescription.  My mama bear/strong woman personality emerged.

Logan had his eyes checked a few months ago.  He normally wears contacts.  We have neglected to buy him any new glasses for a very, very long time.  At this last appointment, he only got contacts.  We also purchase our contacts through lens.com because they offer great deals.  All of the rest of us go into the city for our eye exams so we save gas money by ordering them online.  I've done all the math.  But Logan has a simple prescription and because of time constraints he goes here in town...or I should say he did go here in town.  His contacts are bugging him and he wants new glasses.

Tomorrow we are heading into the city for graduation party supplies and  I told him to get his glasses prescription so we could get him a new pair.  I have once again done my research and found two one-hour optical places.  So I dropped him off so he could run in and get it.  He came out perplexed.  He said the lady said they didn't have it.  ?   I wondered how this could be since his prescription is new.  He said he didn't know but that they had his contact lens prescription but not his glasses prescription.  ?   What? 

Logan needed to go to work.  So I promptly got on the phone to see what the deal was.  The receptionist said that because we didn't buy glasses at the time of his appointment she couldn't give him his prescription.  What?  I was trying to be direct and firm but my blood was boiling.  Ummm....lady...we paid for that prescription and I can purchase glasses for my son wherever I wish.  And then she apparently asked someone else in the office and came back with, "Oh, I'm sorry.  I just came back to work and I guess I can give that to you."  ?  AND THEN SHE SAID, "Would you like me to mail that to you or would you like to pick it up?"  Duh?  We were just in your office. 

I really wish that I could have just laughed at her and how stupid the whole thing was.  But I'm thinking that maybe deep down I am slightly stressed from this deployment because the only thing I could say civilly to her was,  "I'm Logan's mom and I just talked to you on the phone".   She said she was just writing that prescription down..... (steam was now coming out of my ears).... and she handed it to me.  And I walked out.  So they were going to hold his prescription for ransom until we bought glasses from them?  I'm just taking a guess here because I'm just a military wife and mother but I think maybe that's illegal.

And I guess now I'd like to say to her...watch out lady 'cause my man is deployed and I've got everything under control...at least for the moment.

Because one more thing today showed me that I am slightly stressed...I found the TV remote in my purse when I got to my physical therapy appointment.  I have returned it to the coffee table.

Thank you everyone for all of your calls, texts, and notes asking how I am.  I have one simple continuous prayer request. 

Please pray for simplicity of life for us here at home and safety and safe return for Eric and Brady.

Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified.  Do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.  Joshua 1:9b

Love,
Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment