Monday, June 21, 2010

One more hello, one more big goodbye

This past weekend was wonderful with Eric home on leave.  And, as usual, time did not stop for even a second.  But I am thankful that he didn't have to be back for formation until 10am this Monday morning.  It allowed us to have one really fun evening at the movies with Logan, Laramy, and Ayden and it extended his Father's Day.  I am looking forward to picking him up on Friday for one more hello.

We spent the weekend having nothing planned which Eric really needed.  It is also highly recommended during these last few days with family.  His days have been scheduled up and long.  Saturday morning he asked me to take him out to Pammel Park so he could hike back.  I dropped him off and went home so Ayden and I could ride our bikes out to meet him.  Ayden and I met him around the egg farm and he was doing well.  We finished our ride and he arrived home a few minutes after us.  Yes, he has already dropped some weight so I can't imagine what a year is going to bring for him. 

Saturday evening we had a really nice time grilling with Brenden, Sarah, Logan, Laramy, and Ayden.  We had a storm wrestle its way through Winterset Friday morning so Brenden, Sarah, and Eric and I went for a ride to see the damage after dinner.  And then we all picked up sticks in the yard from the storm and planted some plants and a bush that I got Eric for Father's Day. 

Sunday brought mass and a lazy, nappy afternoon. We decided to make some memories and go see Toy Story 3 in 3D. Eric, Ayden, and Laramy hadn't seen a 3D movie yet. We chose to go to the 3D and HD theater. It was a great movie and we all enjoyed it. I know I am particularly emotionally vulnerable but I think I would have gotten teary at the end even if Eric wasn't deploying in light of how the story line parallels my life right now with Logan.

We are missing Brady and Jayme.  Brady has been gone since June 4th at annual training.  He is currently in Minnesota and will return towards the end of the month before Eric leaves.  I am looking forward to spending time with them in July before Brady deploys August 5th. 


Our last week together will be very quiet.  I am thankful for families who have done this before us and can give us guidance on how to prepare. We think we have everything done we could get done.  But I am sure I will find things.  For now, I am trying to be faithful until I have to say one more big goodbye.

Prayer Requests:
1) Pray I find the money, time, and knowledge to purchase the right mower. 
2) Pray for the kids.  This is very difficult for them and I know they don't necessarily know how to show their emotions. 
3) Pray for Brady and Jayme as they face deployment.
4) Pray we all handle the sending ceremony and saying goodbye one last time with as much emotional grace we can find.

Hebrews 12: 1-3
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

 Love,
Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment