Saturday, February 4, 2012

"Cheese Crust Pizza"

http://www.eat-drink-smile.com/2011/04/cauliflower-crust-pizza.html

Enjoy.... it is really simple and so easy to pat into a circle.  I let it sit for a few minutes and it served up nicely.  But it is fork pizza....not finger pizza.  After I had eaten dinner, I ran an errand.  The lady helping me commented that whatever I made for dinner smelled delicious on me.  ;) If you are not a garlic fan you might wish to cut back on either of those ingredients.  I also didn't need to cook the cauliflower in the microwave for as long as it stated...and I grated mine with a cheese grater pretty quickly (well, I was trying to hurry to hide that ingredient).

Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Flour is really my favorite blend so far...and it made a great pie crust at Thanksgiving. It is available online but I've had great success finding it in my local grocery stores, too.




Gluten Free Bisquick is another favorite...pancakes taste exactly the same.



And, finally, my favorite bread is Udi's.  I have tried a few brands and this one has the best taste and seems the most "normal".  I made our traditional breakfast casserole with it this year and everyone liked it better than the original.  So that speaks volumes about this bread because most gluten free bread tastes like dust..or grainy.  Be prepared though... it is pricey. 
Even if you don't need to eat gluten free...the pizza is worth a try... great way to get some extra veggies in..and garlic is awesome for you, too!

God Bless,
Love,
Monica


No comments:

Post a Comment