Tuesday, February 14, 2012

It's never too sappy... share the love!

Last year on Valentine's Day, Eric and I were spending his last day of leave together.  It was a bittersweet day because we both knew we had to say goodbye again the next morning.  He bought me my 25th anniversary diamond and we enjoyed breakfast and lunch together.  Sending him back to Afghanistan the next morning was the most difficult thing I have ever done...worse than saying goodbye the first time he shipped.

This morning I was thinking about last year and was reminded of eleven years ago..... Valentine's Day morning... My sweet husband woke up early with a plan in hand.  Actually, he had a back pack sprayer on his back.  We had snow covering the ground.  He knew the first thing I always did was wake up and raise the shade in the bedroom.  And I did.  And much to my surprise, I found my Valentine in the snow.  It was the sweetest Valentine ever and I will always remember the surprise and love I felt when I discovered it.

That same day we had bad weather...or maybe it was the day before...I'm not really sure.  But Brady kept insisting he wanted to walk uptown.  And I kept telling him no.  It came to the point of me scolding him because he would not quit.  He had a plan and he was not going to give up.  But it was very cold and finally I said I would take him..to which he said I couldn't because he had a surprise.  And, finally, it came out that he was going to buy roses for me with his own money.  It was the sweetest moment for me as a mom and a very humbling one.  If I remember correctly, I did drive him to the floral shop in the icey, cold snow and I kept my eyes closed as best I could as he climbed into the back of our big, purple van.  And then he presented me with the roses in the picture above. 

Single person awareness day... oh bah.... it is spread the love day... Share the love with all those around you.  It is just a happy day. 

Happy Valentine's Day!
Love and God Bless,
Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment